StellarRoads is a 2D scrolling platformer where you can only go forward and survive
by skillfully controlling the vessel's speed and jumping right on time!
Heavily influenced by the well known 1993 classic SkyRoads by Bluemoon, StellarRoads
can be seen as a sort of 2D "demake" of SkyRoads.
DOS (or DOSBox)
VGA, Tandy or CGA
PC Speaker, Tandy or Adlib
Carefully coded in x86 assembly to run well original hardware, even at only 4.77MHz with CGA. I hope this game will be yet one more game worth enjoying on your retro PCs!
CGA, Tandy and VGA versions included, supplied as DOS .COM executables and bootable disk images.
- A new level/mode has been added: Endless. This level that simply never ends is generated randomly. The ship accelerates until it reaches top speed and never slows down. The distance traveled is displayed in real time, and when the player crashes, game over. How far can you go?
- The ship can now go above the top of the screen instead of just sticking there.
- Adjusted jump physics based on comments received. Hopefully it feels better now. The changes are:
- As long as the jump button is held, an upward force is applied. This slows down the fall.
- Increased gravity, so once the jump button is released, the ship falls quickly.
- Increased initial jump velocity to compensate for the increased gravity and provide a similar jumping height.
- Miscellaneous level tweaks to accomodate what broke due to the modified jump physics and the fact that the ship can go off-screen.
- The PC Booter version now displys Loading StellarRoads... when reading the program from the diskette instead of 1.....2
steld05.zip (882.4 KB)
- Move the vessel closer to the left edge of the screen. This makes the game a bit easier since what comes ahead can be seen earlier.
- Normal platforms in the VGA version can now be non-white, as in the Tandy version.
- Implement palette-based fade in/out effects in the VGA version.
- Exit with an error message if setting the video mode fails.
- Fix french accented characters in the banner shown at exit.
steld04.zip (887.4 KB)
March 14, 2020 (Saturday)
|First release version
steld03.zip (903.6 KB)
This game is also available on itch.io