What is it?
It is an analog oscilloscope. What's interesting about
it is the fact that it works with Vacuum tubes instead
I thought it would be fun to post a few pictures and information
about this oscilloscope on this page. Here is the
Retour en haut
It is a oscilloscope of the RCA brand, model
54-45. It was a DIY kit, used in an electronic class
given by RCA Institutes, Inc.
- From the manual:
- Compact, lightweight design. Fits on any bench, goes anywhere.
- Flat-face CRT gives full utilization of face area.
- Intensity and focus controls plus astigmatism adjustment.
- 4-range sweep generator covers 10 cycles to 100,000 cycles.
- 1500 volt high-voltage supply for sharp, bright trace. No blooming.
- Full retrace blanking and fully automatic sync.
- Removable green filter easily snaps into the front of the plastic bezel.
- Permits external use of the power supply, with 400 VDC at 20ma and 6.3 VAC at 300ma, available at rear pin jacks.
Recently I scanned the full manual. You can download a
zip file containing all the images here:
Here are a few pictures of the oscilloscope:
Here are a few websites containing information
on vacuum tubes: